During the latest sitting week of Parliament, the Morrison LNP Government pushed for the passage of the toxic Religious Discrimination Bill. This Bill was a cruel and calculated move from the LNP to enshrine discrimination into law. The Bill would have allowed bigots to be free to discriminate against people at schools and universities, in the workplace, hospitals, restaurants - anywhere in public life.
So what happened and where to from here?
- Senator Janet Rice, Australian Greens LGBTIQ+ spokesperson
- Stephen Bates, Candidate for Brisbane
- Claire Garton, Candidate for Moreton
- Matilda Alexander, CEO of Queensland Advocacy Incorporated
- The Very Rev'd Dr Peter Catt, Dean of St John's Anglican Cathedral